Roofstock has developed a rigorous certification process whereby less than 15% of all properties submitted are made available on our marketplace. These are the steps we take:
1. Arrange for a comprehensive property inspection conducted by an experienced real estate inspection vendor approved by Roofstock.
2. Homes that pass the property inspection means the inspector did not find evidence of:
- Need for immediate roof repairs
- Water intrusion, mold, or active water/gas leaks
- Boarded windows (unless needed for weather or vacancy)
- Knob-and-tube or double tap wiring
- Immediate repairs estimated to be greater than 15% of list price
- Need for a specialist to inspect structural, foundation, severe fire hazard, pest and/or asbestos issues
For properties with an Inspection Contingency, these conditions also apply during the inspection conducted prior to closing.
3. Identify any needed repairs and associated cost estimates and make them available for review prior to making your offer or during the diligence period prior to closing.
4. Ensure there are no issues related to the title and disclosures by running a title report and reviewing it to make sure it can be cleared at closing.
5. Confirm rent and payment requirements are met, ensuring the property meets minimum rent requirements and payments are current for properties that have a tenant in place.
6. Provide transparency and make it easy for investors to access all the data on our listing details page and Diligence Documents on the Analysis tab.