Roofstock Certification Process
Roofstock has developed a rigorous vetting process whereby properties that meet our standards will be listed on our marketplace as Roofstock Certified properties. Our process includes:
1. Arranging for a comprehensive property inspection conducted by an experienced, third-party inspection vendor approved by Roofstock.
2. Reviewing the home inspection to confirm that it states the following:
Immediate repairs estimated are not greater than 15% of list price
Verify HVAC complies with local standards in regard to heating
No need for immediate roof repairs
No evidence of water intrusion, mold, or active water/gas leaks
No boarded windows (unless needed for weather or vacancy)
No evidence of electrical or health and safety concerns
Offers on some properties may come with an inspection contingency.
3. Identifying any needed repairs and associated cost estimates and making them available for review prior to making your offer or during the diligence period prior to closing.
4. Asking the seller to verify that, to his knowledge, there are no known issues related to the title and disclosures.
5. Asking the seller to confirm that rent payments are current and that the current tenant does not have an excessive late payment balance.
6. Providing transparency and making it easy for investors to access all the data on our listing details page and Diligence Documents on the Analysis tab.