Roofstock and its affiliates respect the intellectual property rights of others and asks that everyone using the Roofstock Services do the same. It is our policy to terminate access in appropriate circumstances to users who infringe or are believed to be infringing the rights of copyright holders and to handle copyright infringement claims in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA").
If you believe that your work has been reproduced on the websites of Roofstock, Roofstock One, Roofstock onChain, Great Jones, Streetlane, RentPrep, or any other Roofstock affiliate in a way that infringes your copyrights, then pursuant to the DMCA, you may file a Notice of Claimed Infringement (“NOCI”) to notify Roofstock’s copyright agent. To a NOCI that is filed to Roofstock’s designated copyright agent, Roofstock will respond in accordance with the DMCA by taking action it deems to be appropriate, including removing the allegedly infringing content.
To file a DMCA Notice of Claimed Infringement (“NOCI”), you must provide the all of the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site with enough detail that we may find it on the Site (it would be most helpful if you could include the direct URL or web address for the webpage that contains the allegedly infringing information, as well as a screen shot).
- Your address, a telephone number, and an e-mail address where Roofstock can contact you and, if different, an email address where the alleged infringing party, if not Roofstock, can contact you.
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the use you are objecting to is not authorized by the copyright owner, by its agent, or by law (for example, as a fair use).
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that (1) the information in your notice is accurate and (2) that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Send the NOCI to Roofstock in one of the two ways:
- By email to email@example.com. Please begin the subject line of your email with the word, “NOCI.”
- By mail to:
Attn: Legal Dept.: NOCI
2001 Broadway, Suite 400,
Oakland, CA 94612
If you submit a NOCI by e-mail, we may begin investigating the alleged copyright infringement; however, we must receive your complete and signed statement by mail or as an attachment to your e-mail before we are required to take any action.