Actor and former governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger once said, “Someday the world is going to know who I am – just by hearing my first name.”
While it’s probably safe to say that most real estate investors don’t aspire to be a professional bodybuilder, movie star, or politician, rental property owners do want people to know who they are.
One of the best ways to make a positive impression is by choosing the right rental property LLC name.
Keep reading to learn why real estate investors put so much energy into choosing a rental property name, read 15 critical tips for choosing the perfect name, and get 101 ideas for a rental property LLC name.
- Choosing a name is the first step in setting up a rental property LLC.
- The rental property LLC name is the first thing that prospective tenants, lenders, vendors, and fellow investors see.
- A great LLC name can help investors to attract qualified tenants, project a professional image, and create credibility.
- Tips for choosing an LLC name for a rental property include researching state naming rules and restrictions, selecting a name that is easy to remember, and making sure the domain name is available for the internet.
- Free online business name generators can be a good way to get ideas for a rental property LLC name.
- After selecting an LLC name, investors register the name with the state, finish forming the LLC, and apply for an Employer Identification Number with the IRS.
Why investors name a rental property LLC
Investors put a lot of time, effort, and expense into forming an LLC. Limited liability companies (LLCs) can be a good way to protect personal and business assets, add an additional layer of liability protection, and raise money from other investors.
But oftentimes, real estate investors give surprisingly little thought to choosing the right name for their rental property LLC.
In today’s competitive world, selecting the perfect name for an LLC can have a positive impact on a real estate business over the long term:
- More than 14 million households rent single-family homes, and having the right rental property LLC name can help an investor stand out from the crowd.
- An business name that is related to the real estate industry – such as Equity Residential, Mid-America Apartments, Lennar Homes, and Roofstock – reflects the core business and can make it easier to expand and grow.
- A rental property LLC name is the first thing prospective tenants, lenders, vendors, real estate brokers, and buyers and sellers see, so it’s critical to have a name that’s professional and easy to remember.
- Having the right LLC name for a rental property business may also make it easier to attract qualified tenants, project a professional image, and instill more credibility with people an investor does business with right from the start.
15 tips for choosing the perfect rental property LLC name
Choosing the perfect name for your rental property LLC can feel like an uphill battle, but investors only have to do it once for each LLC. To make selecting a name for a rental property LLC a little bit easier, here are 15 tips to follow:
- Most states have rules for naming an LLC and prohibit using words that may be mistaken for a state or federal agency.
- Keep the name short, simple, and to the point with 1 to 3 words at the most.
- Stick to basic names such as the rental property street address, the neighborhood, or the part of town in which the home is located.
- Choose a rental property LLC name that is easier to remember and describes the property in the name, such as Desert Vista Homes LLC or Waterfront Rentals LLC.
- Consider using a foreign phrase that people are familiar with, like Garden Oasis LLC, or Puertas del Sol LLC.
- Use an adjective such as Best, Affordable, Exclusive, but be prepared to live up to the name of the LLC.
- Visit the Secretary of State website to get an idea of the LLC names that other real estate investor are using, then choose a name that’s just a little bit better.
- Make sure that the LLC name is available by performing a quick internet search, checking with the Secretary of State where the rental property is, and searching the federal trademark database.
- Think about how the rental property LLC name will look on a website, social media platforms, business cards, and marketing material.
- Check that an internet domain name is available for the LLC name, and select a domain host with reliable uptime and email service using the LLC domain name.
- Perform an internet search using the intended rental property LLC name to learn the search results associated with the name.
- Research any potential negative connotations or unintended meanings the rental property LLC name might have.
- Be cautious of choosing alternate names, acronyms, or abbreviations for the LLC name that have an unplanned meaning.
- Select a name that can be used for the long term if the LLC was be used for multiple properties.
- If the LLC will be used for a rental property partnership, look for a name that makes each member comfortable contributing capital to the real estate venture .
101 ideas for rental property LLC names
Websites such as NameSnack and How to Start an LLC have business name generators to help choose a rental property LLC name. Here are over 100 rental property name ideas for real estate investors to consider, according to these two sites, along with Social.com:
- Ace Real Estate
- All Rentables
- Alpha Home Rentals
- American Dream Rentals
- Anne's Condo List
- Big Move Rentals
- Blue Sky Rental Real Estate
- Bluebird Property Rental
- Bob's Happy Housing
- Brilliant Rentals
- Candy House Rental
- Casa Amor Rentals
- Close Eye Rentals
- Close to Rent
- Comfily Rentals
- Condo Catchers
- Corner Rentals
- Cross Country Rentals
- Current Deal Rentals
- Doctor Landlord
- Dream Dwelling Rentals
- Dream Space Rentals
- Dynamic Rentals
- Elite Rentals
- Fair House Services
- Family Rentals
- Fantastic Estates
- Find a Rental Place
- Four Walls Rentals
- Fox Property Rentals
- Fun Temp Abodes
- Hannah's Home Rentals
- High Rise Spot
- Home Sweet Rentals
- Homeward Rental
- Honey Comb Homes
- In The Heights Rentals
- John's Neighborhood Network
- LA Rental Abodes
- Landlord Heaven
- Lucky Couch Rentals
- Main Street Rentals
- Miami Mansion Rentals
- My Rented Home
- My Rooftop Place
- Neighborhood Rentals
- New Neighborhood Rentals
- New Rental Authority
- New Wings Network
- Next Move Setup
- Next Step Place
- Oceanfront Rental Homes
- One Man's Castle
- One Woman's Castle
- Perfect House Rentals
- Professional Rentals
- Property Hall Rentals
- Property Mover
- Property Tycoons
- Quaint Castle
- Rapid Rentals
- Real Time Rent
- Reasonable Rentals
- Reliable Rentals
- Rent Creature Comforts
- Rent Culture
- Rent Right Now
- Rent To Own
- Rental Detector
- Rental Expertise Leasing
- Rental Experts
- Rental Nesting
- Rented Abodes
- Rented Home Excellence
- Rented Single Family Home
- Rightful Rentals
- Rob's Rental Radar
- Roost 'n Relax
- Safe Home Finds
- Safety Nest Rentals
- SanFran Housing Services
- SoHo Skyscrapers
- Solid Rental Property
- Special Place Co.
- Sunday Morning Investments
- Temporary Homes Tallahassee
- The Condo Rent
- The Cozy Rental
- The Perfect Tenant
- The Rental Home Space
- The Rental Network
- Tip Top Rental
- Vintage Rentals
- White Glove Rentals
- Wild Rentals
- Your Rentability
Of course, rather than getting too creative, an investor might opt for a simple rental property LLC name made up of the property address and street name.
Names like these are simple, straight, and to the point, and help prospective tenants to remember the attractive rental that caught their eye.
What to do after choosing a rental property LLC name
Here are the steps to follow once a great name for a rental property LLC has been selected, researched, and vetted:
- Register the rental property LLC name with the state the rental property is located in
- Reserve the domain name and select a website hosting service for the LLC website
- Form the LLC using an online service or a local real estate attorney with experience creating LLCs
- Apply for an EIN (Employer Identification Number) with the IRS, to file annual taxes and open business banking accounts
- Hire a freelance graphic designer to create a logo using the rental property LLC name
- Create a website for the rental property LLC by using a free website building or a web designer with experience developing real estate rental websites
Selecting the right rental property LLC name is a mixture of art and science. Investors opt for a name that’s general enough to allow for future growth, yet still memorable to prospective tenants, mortgage lenders, vendors, and business partners.
While choosing a great name isn’t always easy, with enough preparation and research it may not take that long to come up with a handful of great names for a rental property LLC.